The City must manage the public’s money wisely, using every means possible to provide the best benefit for each dollar. Prudent fiscal management requires the City to prioritize its investments and take advantage of cost-sharing opportunities. Further, the City should anticipate long-term fiscal challenges and identify the best strategies for overcoming them.
- Maintain a long-range fiscal plan for the City.
- Fund essential programs and services according to prioritized community needs.
- Institutionalize communication and coordination within departments and among partner agencies to increase efficiencies.
- Encourage cost sharing among departments and partners agencies.
- Adequately maintain City assets to reduce capital replacement expenditures.
- Ensure that long-term growth supports the City’s fiscal viability.
- Distribute services and investments equitably based on need and benefit.